Elisabeth Cardis is Research Professor in Radiation Epidemiology at CREAL since April 2008. Before moving to CREAL in April 2008, she was the head of the Radiation Group at IARC in Lyon, where she coordinated for over 20 years studies of ionising and non-ionising radiation. She was a visiting scientist at the Radiation Effects Research Foundation in Hiroshima, Japan, in 1981-2 and received a PhD in Biostatistics from the School of Public Health of the University of Washington in Seattle, in 1985.
She is the author of over 100 indexed publications and has been consultant to the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation and member of the US National Academy of Sciences BEIR VII Committee, of the Expert Group on Health for the UN Chernobyl Forum and of the project management board of EMF-Net. She is currently a member of the steering committee of the EU funded EFHRAN (EMF risk assessment coordination network), the scientific advisory board of the WHO International EMF project and a corresponding member of ICNIRP. She has been responsible for numerous projects supported currently or previously under the European Commission’s Quality of Life, EURATOM and INCO- Programmes, as well as by the US NIH and CDC. She is the coordinator of the international projects INTERPHONE, INTEROCC and the recently funded EC (European Comission) project MOBI-Kids and is a partner in the EU funded projects Alpha-Risk, CHILD-MED-RAD, ARCH, EFHRAN
- Kesminiene A, Evrard AS, Ivanov VK, Malakhova IV, Kurtinaitis J, Stengrevics A, Tekkel M, Anspaugh LR, Bouville A, Chekin S, Chumak VV, Drozdovitch V, Gapanovich V, Golovanov I, Hubert P, Illichev SV, Khait SM, Krjuchkov VP, Maceika E, Maksyoutov M, Mirkhaidarov AK, Polyakov S, Shchukina N, Tenet V, Tserakhovich TI, Tsykalo A, Tukov AR, Cardis E. Risk of hematological malignancies among Chernobyl liquidators. Radiation Research. 170(6):721-35.
- Cardis E, Deltour I, Mann S, Moissonnier M, Taki M, Varsier N, Wake K, Wiart J. Distribution of RF energy emitted by mobile phones in anatomical structures of the brain. Phys Med Biol. 2008 May 1;53(11):2771-2783.
- Drozdovitch V, Bouville A, Doyon F, Brindel P, Cardis E, de Vathaire F. Reconstruction of individual radiation doses for a case-control study of thyroid cancer In French Polynesia. Health Phys. 2008 May;94(5):418-433
- Sadetzki S, Chetrit A, Jarus-Hakak A, Cardis E, Deutch Y, Duvdevani S, Zultan A, Novikov I, Freedman L, Wolf M. Cellular phone use and risk of benign and malignant parotid gland tumors—a nationwide case-control study. Am J Epidemiol. 2008 Feb 15;167(4):457-67. Epub 2007 Dec 6.
- Cardis E, Richardson L, Deltour I, Armstrong B, Feychting M, Johansen C, Kilkenny M, McKinney P, Modan B, Sadetzki S, Schuz J, Swerdlow A, Vrijheid M, Auvinen A, Berg G, Blettner M, Bowman J, Brown J, Chetrit A, Christensen HC, Cook A, Hepworth S, Giles G, Hours M, Iavarone I, Jarus-Hakak A, Klaeboe L, Krewski D, Lagorio S, Lonn S, Mann S, McBride M, Muir K, Nadon L, Parent ME, Pearce N, Salminen T, Schoemaker M, Schlehofer B, Siemiatycki J, Taki M, Takebayashi T, Tynes T, van Tongeren M, Vecchia P, Wiart J, Woodward A, Yamaguchi N. The INTERPHONE study: design, epidemiological methods, and description of the study population. Eur J Epidemiol. 2007 Jul 18; [Epub ahead of print]
View publications at PubMed